justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Battery died on my 2008 Honda Pilot. When I turned it back

Customer Question

Battery died on my 2008 Honda Pilot. When I turned it back on, the alarm was going off, radio wouldn't work, navigation wouldn't work. I've entered the proper code for both and radio and navigation are working again. However, 1) any time I open a door from the inside or outside, the alarm goes off and 2) my key fob doesn't work--I need to use my key in drivers side and turn it to lock/unlock. Battery is working well otherwise. Help?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Has the key fob not been working for a while or did it stop after the battery died?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only after the battery died.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Does the red light blink on the key fob when a command is pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Mm. Is that your only key fob?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, my wife has another which we will test tonight. you think it's just the fob? would be a weird coincidence? and why would turning the key cause an alarm to go off? why would opening the door from inside cause the alarm to go off?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Did the alarm sound as soon as you turned the key in the door lock or when you opens the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard to say I honestly don't recall. I can try again tonight...
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Try programming the key fob.

1). Sit in the vehicle with doors closed.

2). Put the key in ignition switch. Turn it to ON

3) within 15 seconds press lock on the fob

4). Turn switch back iff

5). Turn switch on and within 15 seconds press lock on the fob.

6). Turn switch back off

7). Turn switch on and press lock. You should hear the locks cycle. Quickly press unlock.

8). Take the key out of the switch and check the key fob again.

See if that gets that key fob working. Keep in mind that if the fob does start working again you'll need to program the other fob along with the current fob once you get your hands on it. It sounds like the battery may be bad in your fob, but the light may be just burned out on it. You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for asking questions after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Any news?

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Any news here? Please remember to rate so I get compensated from Just Answer. If you need more help just ask.