Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My 04 pilot auto door locks are working but when it rains a

Customer Question

Customer: My 04 pilot auto door locks are working but when it rains a lot they randomly function while i drive.. The main issue is I don't get a honk when i check the locks and the security system doesn't activate at all? Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure, The doors will lock and unlock with the fob
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

There have been problems with the drivers door lock actuator causing the random functioning of the door locks. Moisture can get into the actuator or it's wiring connector. It can also just fail on it's own. The reason the horn does not honk is because the lock actuator internal security system switch is not showing it's locked. The final honk is confirmation that all of the doors, tailgate, and hood are secured. If one is not locking or has a bad internal switch the security system thinks the vehicle is not all locked up. There is a Honda service article on this exact subject. It recommends replacing the drivers door lock actuator.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man