HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I tried to program a new remote to my 2005 honda accord but

Customer Question

I tried to program a new remote to my 2005 honda accord but it didn't work. I had another key in the car that was programmed a couple of years ago and it got deprogrammed. Now none of my remotes work and I can't start the car because the alarm goes off when I open the door.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I'd like you to try something. Sit inside the vehicle with the doors closed and hood closed. Using the door lock switch hit unlock and then lock. Pay attention to each door's lock knob as you hit the unlock and lock button. Tell me if one of the lock knobs is not working. If all of the lock knobs are working, then step back outside the vehicle and close the doors. Use the key in the driver's key cylinder switch to turn TWICE to lock the door. This should arm the security system. Look on the instrument cluster to see if the red security light is flashing to indicate the system is armed. Let me know what you fine with these tests and we will continue. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't do what you said because I already know my passenger side lock does not work. I have to open and lock it manually. When I open my car with the key (not remote) now my alarm always goes off. It doesn't stay on too long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this request. I am calling a locksmith.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

no problem