Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

How to locate valet switch. Car alarm goes off as soon as

Customer Question

Customer: How to locate valet switch. Car alarm goes off as soon as you turn on the car and doesn't stop. The fob has a new battery.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The van's alarm goes off if I touch the doors or ignition.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

To reset the alarm and stop it from going off use the key in the drivers door lock cylinder. There is a switch connected to the lock cylinder that will arm and disarm the alarm system. With all of the doors closed turn the key to lock then unlock. This should shut the alarm off and reset it. I will also include the 2 part remote transmitter reprogramming procedure just in case they won't work after resetting it. After resetting it close the door and see if the remotes will work if not use the key again to shut the alarm off then do the remote programming procedure.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man