Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My clutch seems to not be working. My name is ***** *****

Customer Question

Customer: My clutch seems to not be working. My name is ***** ***** Dyer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I put my clutch in on my civic and there isn't any resistance till the very last bit and I really have to work to get my car into gear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

The symptoms you describe are consistent with a worn out or failed clutch assembly. Low pedal and hard to get into gear are classic symptoms for any Honda vehicle. If you would like an approximate estimate on the cost please provide the VIN and your choice of repair facility. Dealership or independent shop?

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man