Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My dad has a 2012 Honda accord and the battery was replaced

Customer Question

My dad has a 2012 Honda accord and the battery was replaced and now no dash lights or gauges work and it will start but it shuts right back down.i hooked my diagnostic monitor to it and it shows no communication to dash
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Sometimes the gauge control module needs to be reset. There is a procedure that should take care of your problem. I have included 2 attachments with the information on how to do the procedure. Good luck!

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man