rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Name is Les, tring to diagnose problems with me 06 Honda

Customer Question

Customer: name is ***** ***** to diagnose problems with me 06 Honda pilot
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have the following permanent codes: 71-01, 76-01, 77-04, and 70-03. this is along with misfire codes p0303 etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You should first identify the misfire such as ignition, compression and injector.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you make a suggestion on how I determine if the misfires are due to ignition or injector?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

You need to check spark plug, wire, coil, fuel injector for power and operation and engine compression. Some special tools are needed for these tests.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.