HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

, i have Honda Pilot 2003 when i insert the key in the

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have Honda Pilot 2003 when i insert the key in the ignition and turn the headlights on they turn on fine however, as soon as i turn the car on... the headlights go out and DRL kick in
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
to be more clear , if i turn the head light stick to "On position"and insert the key in the ignition , the lights will be on for Lock, ACC and even for the brief moment the key goes to the START position. however, when i go back to the "On" position, the lights go off
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. It sounds like there may be a grounding issue. I will be looking over the wiring diagram for the headlight circuit and will get back with you shortly.

With the engine running are you saying that the headlights don't work and the DRL indicator light comes on the dash?