Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 93 accord blos 10 amp fuse every time I try to start went

Customer Question

My 93 accord blos 10 amp fuse every time I try to start went through harnes found a couple burnt wires by the ecu but it still won't start previous I changed out the wiring harnes from dash to stereo I last went to the ecu and fixed A wht blue and orange red I got most of wires exposed but still no luck
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, which 10amp fuse is blowing - I need the fuse name or number as well as location(engine or passenger compartment fuse box)

Did you trace the broken wire to the ecu connector so that you can tell me the connector pin number it went to.

Finally, I need to know whether this is a no crank no start, or a crank but no start condition.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I got the 10 amp fuse to quit blowing on the ecu found some burnt wires now my problem is It has no spark and no fuel how can I check fuel with out having to take it outlive got voltage at coil
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, remove the fuel cap and have someone turn the key to the on position while you listen at the fuel filler opening. you should hear the fuel pump energize(hum) for 2-3 seconds. If it does, then you have power to it. This doesnt confirm proper fuel pressure, but at least gives us a starting point on whether it is getting power

Next, spray some starting fluid or pour a little gas into the throttle body and try to crank it. Let me know if it starts and runs for a few seconds

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?