justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

2000-honda-accord-intermittent-start-problem. My mechanic

Customer Question

Customer: 2000-honda-accord-intermittent-start-problem. My mechanic has run computer diagnostic and everything looks normal. Once started the car is perfect all day, sometimes several days - then it refuses to start next morning. When refusing to start it souds rather as if it is getting no petrol, but this is just a wild guess.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Starter motor & battery are fine. Engine turs over but there is ni sign of ignition. Eventually it begins to cough very slightly and this becomes more pronounced until eventually it catches and starts. By this time battery is pretty low.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 10 months ago.

This issue appears to actually be two separate issues, the charging system/ battery need to be tested and a fuel pressure test needs to be run at the time the vehicle will not start, Most likely the alternator and the fuel pump are faulty. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both your suggestions have been covered. Battery/alternator and fuel pressure are fine. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Fixitman replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Did you still need some help with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Bobby,Yes, my enquiry is still outstanding.Rodger

thanks Roger. I have one quick question. Does this starting issue only happen after the vehicle has sat over night or can it happen at any time?

Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I was wondering if you still need assistance? I noticed your question is still open.