justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

My passenger power lock works sometimes what can I do

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Are you referring to the front passengers door lock? Also, are you referring to the lock not working electronically? You can still lock/unlock it manually correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Okay great. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

The most likely issue here is a faulty door lock actuator. This is a very common failure on Honda/Acura electronic locks. We see it all the time. I service only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. Replacing the door lock actuator should fix it right up. The parts is relatively cheap, but labor cost is around 1.5 hours ($150.00 average cost). I will include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing so you know what you are dealing with. The part you need is #5 in the parts list in the link. If you need any more information about this job just let me know and I will happily provide additional information. Thanks.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so we can continue chatting on this thread. Thanks

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2005-honda-accord-4dr_ex-ka-5at/front-door-locks.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes it works sometimes not...
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I understand. The issue is still probably the actuator. We see it quite often. It's probably at the stage where it's getting weak and eventually it will quit working completely.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Any news here? Remember that I have not been credited and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. Please remember to rate. If you need more information just let me know