Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I need to get past my immobilizer to take my car to the

Customer Question

I need to get past my immobilizer to take my car to the dealer but they won't give me the brake code to bring it to them!
VIN: 1HGCM66507A028121
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

I do not know what you are wanting. The key can be programmed with a good scan tool. The immobilizer system is designed to prevent tampering.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To bypass the immobilizer there is a code that is entered using the emergency brake and toggling key position. I have seen that other users have obtained their Emergency Engine Start codes on this website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a different 5 digit code for each vehicle and it is looked up with the VIN number which is why I included it. Here you can see Steve was able to provide the code: http://www.justanswer.com/honda/3l6zl-need-immobilizer-brake-code-accord-vin.html
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out and see if someone else can help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had no response from another mechanic. I understand the disclaimer "it may take 24 hours" but I need to start my car now to take it in for service
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I apologize I have no source for this code. Is the key you have a new key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I'd like to close the case. I appreciate you trying but my question wasn't answered. I have roadside assistance and I will take it to the dealer now. Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am not sure if you still need help with this here or not.

In some cases if you go to the dealer with your vehicles VIN number and registration as well as photo Id they can get you this code.If this was already attempted or if you do not want any more help here let me know.

Thanks Pete