Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist
Experience:  ASE Master Tech
3506196

Same issue as on this page. Honda dealer says bad head

Customer Question

Customer: Same issue as on this page. Honda dealer says bad head gasket but other mechanic sats not head gasket?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pressure in radiator after cooling overnight and very erratic guage movements if driven at all. Going in for water pump and timing belt. Any suggestions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would do is a leak down test. this test injects shop air into the cylinder and will check if there is a leak into the cooling system. if there is, then coolant will flow out of the radiator. if it does, that confirms the head gasket or the head.

I would not get the water pump done until this test is done first.

Roy