HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Accord 2007 Clutch failed driving to work last week at

Customer Question

Honda Accord 2007
Clutch failed driving to work last week at 115000 miles.
Honda fitted new clutch but called and told me that new master slave cylinder needed and so had that done at same time.
Went to pick up car from dealer today and when I drive it, although it changes gear smoothly, there is zero resistance/pressure on the clutch pedal - it just goes all the way to the floor, although it changes gear about halfway down. Also, at low rpm/low speed I can change through all gears without using the clutch! I have driven manual cars my whole life and never had this happen on a car before.
immediately took it back to Honda dealer who took it for test drive and said "it's normal" that's what happens with a new clutch. I told him it's not normal and have never had a car do this before - this car, which I had from new, never did this before. I can't "feel my car" anymore. He said they had that problem when they had the car in but bled the system and the problem is fixed. I know my car and I know something isn't right!
Any ideas/advice? Thank you...
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You can adjust the push rod to the master cylinder to give you engagement at different heights but a new clutch with master will feel like you are pushing on nothing at all. Give it a week and see if it feels normal to you then.

First couple of times I put a clutch in these I got in and thought I had done something wrong but as you say the clutch actually works you just can't feel it until the grease gets worn off a little.

Try it for a week and come back and let me know what you think then.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thanks will do.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, I will watch for you post here on this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thanks
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** to be the last to reply or it locks my screen to your question