Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX with the 2.4L VTEC engine. I

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX with the 2.4L VTEC engine. I have a fault code of P0171. It will not pass NYS DMV inspection with this code active.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The most common cause of this code is a leaky air intake snorkle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

However, if this checks out good and there are no other vacuum leaks under the hood, the next most likley cause would be a bad mass air flow sensor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Were these parts replaced?

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

If so, then then I would suspect the valves to be out of adjustment, incorrect valve timing or a bad oxygen sensor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

It looks like you are an expert on the site. None of your replies are showing up on this page. They are all getting emailed to me as an "Assist". It must be a bug on the site..

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Try and hit the F5 button. It should do a full refresh

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

I dont see any of your replies come through on this page. They are all getting sent to me via an "Assist" to my email

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

There should be a reply window at the bottom of this page. Type your reply in that box and hit "send" in the lower right hand side.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

We can always speak over the phone too for an additional fee. I can send it over for as low as $5

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Can you see the rating system towards the bottom of the page?

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Here is the only page I know. However, even if you find a phone number I am not sure if anyone will answer.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!