HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My name is ***** *****. I
, The car is a 2006 Honda

Customer Question

Customer: Steve, my name is ***** ***** Bennett. I
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car is a 2006 Honda Civic - I'm currently with my girlfriend on the road in Nashville, TN on our way to Birmingham, and we accidentally left our lights on last night. The car died, and when we tried to jump it, it turned but then promptly died. We bought a new battery, but it still died.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing to pay and to wait - absolutely.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Car: 2006 Honda Civic
VIN: 1HGFA16806L049525
Issue: Light's left on - Car won't startWe think the "immobilizer IMOES code have been erased", and we're hoping to get a code to start the car to allow us to temporarily start the vehicle, drive from Nashville, TN to Birmingham,AL and drop off the car at our Honda dealer to "Replace the under-dash fuse/relay box (MICU)."In-Depth Log:
- Left Car Lights On - Battery Died.
- Attempted To Jump - Turned, but promptly Died.
- Replaced The Battery - Turned, but promptly Died.
- Green key/immobilizer icon flashes when the key is turned to ON (II).
- We turned the ignition switch from LOCK (0) to START (III), the engine started and ran for about 1
second, then shut off.
- We turned the ignition switch to ON (II), then paused before turning to START (III), and the starter cranked, but
the engine did not start.
- After switching off, the green light flashed 10 times.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message + Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

Because this is Jan. 1 Honda is not available today. The only way to get the code is through Honda.

I have had some luck reprogramming the system "all keys lost" before. On New Year's day the only hope you have is finding a locksmith or open shop that has the tool to reprogram keys.

I am sorry I do not have a better answer for you so I will "opt out" of the question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you know of any or where could we find a locksmith like this?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

Sorry I do not since I am not from the Nashville area.