Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My wipers froze to the windshield now they wont work the

Customer Question

my wipers froze to the windshield now they wont work the motor is ok the fuse is ok is there amodg some where 2005ho nda accord?i put a hot wire to the motor and the motor runs
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Most likely the wiper linkage from the motor has came loose or the wiper arm nuts are loose on the arm shaft. First check the wiper arm nuts to see if they are loose. They are under a round plastic cover(see diagram). Next look at the wiper motor arm and plastic pivot bushings to see if they came loose or have broken? It's common for these items to fail if the blades are frozen to the windshield when the wipers are turned on. If the motor works the relay, fuses, and switch are all OK something has just came loose.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry wrong anser if I hot wire the motor the wipers work it some thing elec I just don't know what

Sorry I thought you meant the motor works but the wipers still don't move. Give me a few min to look over the wiring diagrams. So this started after the wipers were frozen to the windshield? Like cold weather ice?

Wiper fuses are as follows #7, #11, #20, and #21, all in the under-dash fuse box(see diagram). Each fuse is numbered in the fuse box. If all of the fuses are OK the wiper motor relay inside the relay module has probably failed. It's built into the non-serviceable relay module which is part of the under-hood fuse box.

Hope this helps, Cliff