HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Ok I've just got a 1996honda accord son and we have a signal

Customer Question

Ok I've just got a 1996honda accord for my son and we have a signal and hazard lights problem no relays working and fuses are all good and flashers are replaced with new ones. I don't know where to go from here We checked and checked again I hope there is a known factory defect on this unit. Lol k thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the signals illuminate on the dash when you try using them or do you get nothing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing at all I'm in shop with my son n we r using a twelve volt test light n following the switch from steering coulum to under drivers feet kick panel there is a aflasher and two other type of four pin relays I let you know if we find it for a refund lol k thnkxz for your time !!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive been a 310t technition since 89 and ive never had a problem like this it being a car makes no difference to me I know twelve and twentyfour volt systems and ive checked from the battery to starter followed to altinator and then followed the path of hareness throw the both inner fenders and found two broken wires on passenger side inner fender wall one for AC and one for head light we repaired and moved on too following the path of harness to under dash we replaced a flasher at ds foot panel under driver side of dash we also replaced a computor pannel at driver side rear tail light it was all corroded and green my best friend owns a scapyard where we have gotten all our new old parts from and we have used a ton of parts we got very cheap people some times spend a great deal of money on there cars before realizing they have a big money pit well i have always bought cars from the scrap yard one mans junck is another man treasure k my son and i are still checking all the routes of these signal lights and we are not coming up wth positive results ...please let us know if we r lookijg at a complete rewire on this car and its in great shape other then this no signal light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im that guy that every one around our farm comes to me for advise I have never asked anyone let alone payed for advise but my son being twenty swears this is the way to find out misterious problems that the average guy cant fix and we now are those guys and have come to a fork in our road to getting this car on the road we just replaced both timing belts and this was a older women driven car that i found at my 78 year old moms church its in great shape other then this problem ....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on this unit we also have replaced the hot oxygen sensor witch is the rear one and it calls for resetting the ses light or service engine soon light with from my mitchell on demand program from work i down loaded how to reset and in called for removing the cluster and removing the screw from A To B and cover hole A hole with tape and that was all done and we still looked at cluster and no burnt light checked both in cluster bulbs and working fine and when using the left signal it cancels when wheel is turned and using right side signal it too cancells and no restrictions in coulum we really have checked every thing !!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son sugjested to remove four way switch from center of dash to test so thats what we are gonna do before going to the beer storen getting stocked up for a huge barn party we r going to so we let you know what we find thnxz agin FIXITMAN ....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mitchell on demand 05says that the srs moduale in in line with signals and i just found out that if modual was ever set off and not replaced there wont be any power for signals so i beleive we have found our prob,em n we r heaDING TO SCRAp yard to remove a good one n return to install in our car will let you know ounce we know thnxz guys for all your help n happy new years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well we got back from scrap yard i found a 1995 Accord two door and it was a standard and ours is automatic 2.2 ltr engine with SRS on drivers side threw steeing coloum and a passenger side SRS air bag modual n we pluged in to our c ar and to our surprize we got signals back and warning hazard lights work now when deploying the button in center of dash and the green signal indicators are working in dash so i beleve we fixed our own problem n did not get any information from you guys to fix our problem so I beleve we are intiteled to a refund but I would be happy too give you a great rating if refunded in full thnxz and Happy New Years to all the boys working overtime cranking wrenches God bleses great technitions !!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Bobby u guys gonna send me back my cash we fixed problem before we even got an anwser back !!
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad that you fixed it. I am sorry for not being available earlier today. For a refund just put in the request to customer service. Have a Happy New Year.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thnxz And Happy New Years To you and Yours Bobby !