Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Needed to take out battery to change dead headlight on my

Customer Question

Needed to take out battery to change dead headlight on my 2007 Honda Accord. Took out bulb but when replacing battery put it in backwards so as I went to put negative to positive it sparked. Noticed it was backwards so I turned battery around and connected terminals correctly. Now car has absolutely no power except hazards.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If you hooked the battery up backwards then it is going to do some damage. Most of the time if you are lucky it only blew a few fuses. You need to check the large fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Those will usually blow first to keep other circuits from being damaged. It may also blow a few fuses in the interior fuse box. All of these must be checked. Hopefully it did not short out the computer in the car. Please let me know if you need more help.