HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2000 HONDA Accord and the low beam headlights are

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2000 HONDA Accord and the low beam headlights are not working but the high beams work. I replaced the bulbs and still do not work. Is this a relay issue or something else.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All of the fuses are good in the fuse box under the hood. The passenger side bulb was broken and looked like it had been melted near the base.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 11 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Do you have or can get a voltmeter or 12 volt testlight to work with if I guide you through the circuit tests?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have acess to the car right now as it my grandaughters.If you give me the places to check I will do it when I see her again in the next few days. The car is 50 miles away so I can't always get there. I do have the volt meter that I will need. Please list them and their location and I will try to do it as quickly as possible.

To diagnose a problem you need to logically take the next step and there are dozens of paths that it might be.

Let me know when you are ready to check it out and I will have the next step.

Check fuses and see if everything else operates as you expect then you can get into the low beam circuit.

Power and ground to bulb sockets is the first check I would be making.

Let me know

Thanks