Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

We think our immobilizer accidentally kicked in and out car

Customer Question

We think our immobilizer accidentally kicked in and out car won't start. Any advice on how to reset it?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda question!

Year and model of your Honda?

Can you please tell me what the immobilizer(IMOB) green key indicator is doing? Is the starter turning the engine over but it won't start? Does the indicator keep flashing?

Thanks, Cliff

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's 2014. The immobilizer light only comes when we try and start it like the rest of the indicator lights. The lights come on, we hear a low noise but the engine doesn't start.

Thanks for the reply and information. Model of your 2014 Honda? Sounds like it's not going to be the immobilizer system causing your problem. Is the low noise when the starter should be turning the engine over? Do the instrument cluster lights dim when it won't start?

Thank you, Cliff

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's when the noise happens,but the instrument lights flash (along with the green key), not dim

If the instrument lights flash when the starter is trying to work the battery is low or dead. The high current draw from the starter is causing the lights to flash because the voltage drops too low for them to stay on steady. The low noise is the starter trying to work with a dead battery. Have you tried to jump start it? If jump starting works please kindly rater or accept my advice and answer if not please reply so I can continue to help.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating scale and click on accept or the 5 star scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. You are not charged extra for rating. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

I would like to know what ends up solving your problem.

Thanks again, Cliff