HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I am just looking on how to completely disable my alarm on

Customer Question

Customer: I am just looking for information on how to completely disable my alarm on my 2004 Pilot EX. It keeps going off and I have done all of the troubleshooting with disconnecting the hood sensor. There has to be a fuse or switch somewhere that I can trun the alrm off right now the only way I can keep it from going off constantly is disconnecting the battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The alarm keeps going off, that thats the issue I tried disconnecting the hood sensor, that didn't work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I don't mind waiting and paying the fee if it fixes the problem. Can I be assured that the information on how to disable my alarm will be provided
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, I have paid the fee.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just want to get an answer on this, I am not willing to pay any more fees if it costs more for the phone chat. I thought that I would have a live chat with someone to work on troubleshooting my issue. I am not interested in getting one answer, then having to wait several hours for a response after I answer more questions. If this is not a live chat session to work on the issue, I want a refund of my fee
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I see you had requested an expert that is not on often at all.

If you take the wires from the hood switch that go to the Pilots harness and connect them together the system will think the hood is always open and will not set. You can cut the connector off the hood switch and then just twist the wires together leaving it hooked up to the car in case you want to repair it correctly some day.

There are no fuses that will disarm the system without disabling other parts of your Pilot.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already disconnected the hood sensor, that didn't work. it is ridiculous that I cannot just disable the alarm. Your suggested fix doesn't work because the alarm still sets itself and then goes off later in the night. There isn't a connection somewhere to the alarm that I can just disconnect? I find it hard to believe there is no other option I have.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There has to be a way to disable the alarm completely
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not satisfied with this service as my question is not being answered. I want a full refund and do not wish to continue this case.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just talked to a dealership who told me there is a way the alarm can be disabled, but I need to bring it to them to do it (which I am sure I could do it myself they just don't want to tell me how) everyone just looking to get a quick buck for nothing.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

Just disconnecting the hood switch will not fix your problem. That just makes the system think it is always closed and tells me you have an issue somewhere else in the system.

You need to connect the 2 wires together which is what the dealership will do.

It is very easy and yes you can do this yourself. It is making the system think something is not closed.

The dealer will most likely charge you $50.00 to do exactly what I am suggesting., connecting the wires together not just unplugging it.

You have nothing to loose by following my suggestion to connect the wires together. I do not get paid unless you accept this answer. As of now all you owe are the site fees which I have no control over.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The dealer provided me the information I need. The hood sensor is bad, and by disconnecting it they told me I was basically bypassing the bad sensor, solving half my problem. The other half of the problem was related to my tailgate switch which was making the car think my hatch was open. So after fixing the hatch issue and leaving the hood switch disconnected (until i decide to replace it) fixed my issue. So you are incorrect in your statement that by disconnecting my hood switch I am causing the problem. The dealer told me the hood switch is usually the most common cause of this issue. and if it cannot be replaced they recommend disconnecting it to troubleshoot. I will not be proceeding with the so called "experts" on this site and will dispute the credit card charge if I don't get a refund. Oh, and yes the dealer told me the alarm can be disabled, but it takes some work to get to the right connection to disconnect, so I was also given wrong information that it could not be disabled.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

All I stated was that you were not disabling the system as you wanted by just disconnecting the hood switch.