Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Honda gcv 160 runs rough total time on engine less than 5

Customer Question

honda gcv 160 runs rough total time on engine less than 5 hours
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Does it run rough at idle or all speeds?

Is there any speed it does not run rough at?

Have you drained the fuel bowl to see if there is trash in it?

Has the engine been sitting a while?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine is only 6 months old. Has fresh gas with Stabil added. Starts on first pull and runs normally for two minutes. Then fluctuates rpm as governor arm dances. Spark plug clean and gapped properly -.028. Fuel cap loosened. Good fuel supply to carb. Air filter is clean. total time on engine less than 5 hours. wtf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If governor arm is held in place the engine will continue to run without the wild fluctuations but at a diminished rpm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS carb bowl was drained and fuel flow checked at onset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?

Does the engine speed fluctuate up and down at idle speed and full speed and under a load?

Have you checked the oil to see if the level is correct and to see if its fuel diluted?

Does it run better or worse or no different with the air filter off?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris