Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I'm ***** *****. My Honda Jazz 2012 has a USB socket next to

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. My Honda Jazz 2012 has a USB socket next to the cigarette lighter socket. The USB socket has been damaged. Is it possible to pull it out from the front to replace it please?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I basically need to replace the USB socket.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

sorry to say that the USB socket cannot be just plucked out frontwards from the fascia you will have to remove the trim on the sides to access the rear of the panel

the trim panels are held in place with a combination of screws and pop clips so the panels have to be levered off once the screws are out

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I had more or less worked out that the trim would have to be removed. I needed to know how to do that please.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

this is an exploded diagram for the centre console

hopefully it should help

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the exploded diagram. Does it have a key for all those numbers. It is not immediately obvious what's what.
Presumably I don't need to take everything apart to remove just the relevant trim.
Which are the screws and which are the clips please?
Thank you,
Alan.
Ps It isn't urgent. Enjoy your celebrations for a few days!
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

sorry I don't have a key for the diagram

but there's only 2 clips parts 24 & 30

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for that. I'll have a go during the next few days and let you know how I get on. Alan.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

best of luck

just get back to me on this post

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?