Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Just bought a honda crv 2002 and the abs light is on and

Customer Question

Customer: hi, just bought a honda crv 2002 and the abs light is on and there is a metal on metal sound coming from the rear right wheel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: feels like the brakes are on constantly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait a bit but i'm off to work soon i can try again later.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Step one is to remove the RR wheel and heck the brakes and the hub bearing. One of these is likely bad causing both the warning light and the grinding issue. Let me know once you have inspected this, then let me know what you find so I can tell you how to address it.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi chris what do you mean by 'heck' if that is 'check' what am i looking for. am i able to disable the abs to then get it to a mechanic

Heck is Check. There is no need to disable the ABS to drive the vehicle, if the light is on, it is already disabled because there is a fault in the system. Your looking at the brake components for wear that is not normal and a wheel that is loose while off the ground indicating a bearing failure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks i'll check that. there has been alot of wear in that pad as the metel on metal sound suggests it stops when i turn right
change the bearings will that cost alot?

It depends on what you call alot. A bearing repair is over 200$