Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I was in a front end collision and no airbags deployed the

Customer Question

Customer: I was in a front end collision and no airbags deployed the seat belts will not retract and dealer wants 2700 dollars to fix the srs sensor on bot seats and the module. Any suggestions for a cheap fix??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We were in traffic going over a hill the car in front of me hit her brakes and I came over the hill and could not stop in time. She could drive her car away and my bumper was on the ground and radiator punctured. But due to that the seat belts are stuck and lights on. They are saying to replace the srs module and the sensors on the seats to retract them. I need a much cheaper solution.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it is a 2009 Honda Accord
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The only other option for a cheaper fix where as it works again like it did prior. Is to use used parts from a junk yard vehicle. Though the pats have to come from a vehicle that has not been wrecked. Another option is to claim it on your insurance where as you would only be responsible for the deductible.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not helpful i have tried that

The only option for fixing the car is to use new or used parts, there are not aftermarket parts.

Why did your insurance decline the claim?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris