Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

How can fix on 2003 honda accord coupe side airbags cut off

Customer Question

how can fix on 2003 honda accord coupe side airbags cut off indicator stay on
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda question!

Is there anything at all in the seat or a seat cover? Does a child or low weight passenger ride in the passenger's seat? Does this happen if the passenger is sleeping or leaning over to the side? Sorry for all of the questions.

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi,the airbag light is on .i rest the airbag light one day the light was off then the light came on back .lt looks the computer is okay i had it cheked the scanner says 87-32 side airbags cut off indicator stay on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i can not answer your question because i just bought the car.

Thanks for the quick reply and information. Are you sure about the code? I have a 87-31?

DTC 87-31: Internal Failure of the OPDS/ODS Unit

I use the actual Honda technician information just like at the dealership.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well scanner says 87-32 and 86-21

Must be an early 04 model? It comes up under 2004 Accord. That code usually(90%) means the OPDS control unit is bad. Seen it before several times in the past. 86-21 is for the OPDS seat back sensor. It sounds like the sensor and OPDS unit may have gotten wet or damaged? the sensor is part of the seat back foam. Replacing the seat back sensor and unit should take care of both codes.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating scale and click on accept or the 5 star scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. You are not charged extra for rating. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where should i look for OPDS unit ?

If I can have the VIN number? I can send you a link to a online Honda parts site. I will look up both parts for you then you can order the parts. I can also look on ebay for the parts.