Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Driving on the ghway last night it died on me read up to

Customer Question

Driving on the highway last night it died on me read up to 4000 rpm and died I pulled off it would start and when I live a hundred rpm and now it'll start there late or not quiet and then we're losing the fuel line and it'll start a bit and then you tighten up and it won't
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda question!

By far the most common cause of your problem is a bad coil or ignition module. I have seen this exact problem many times. I recommend replacing the spark plugs unless they are new. Then checking spark to see if it's strong and bright. Replacing the distributor will take care of the coil and ignition module plus all of the sensors for TDC, RPM, Etc. Loosening the fuel line and it starting a bit may just be coincidental.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating scale and click on accept or the 5 star scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. You are not charged extra for rating. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man