Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

99 honda accord with drivers door that suddenly won't open

Customer Question

99 honda accord with drivers door that suddenly won't open from inside or out. power lock goes up and down
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 12 months ago.

When this happen the door latch itself has broken. The only way to get the door open is to carefully remove the inner door panel and drill apart the latch. It is a pretty tough job just to get the door panel off without breaking it.

If you are going to try this yourself I can post something later that may help you. The dealer where I work charges 21/2 hours labor to open the door and replace the latch.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I decided to go for it and got it apart last night. quite a pain, but better than taking it to the dealer. Now waiting on the new latch (and actuator) to arrive.