Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My 2014 Honda Pilot 2W-EX-L with 9750 miles has a left

Customer Question

My 2014 Honda Pilot 2W-EX-L with 9750 miles has a left windshield wiper which produces an irritating, stroking noise. In a prolonged rain the noise is un-bearable. I have taken it to the dealership Customer Service where we bought it and they said that they made an adjustment and that the " troublesome noise" is normal. That can't be true. We have owned 4 Hondas, including a Pilot and had a problem that could not be solved. Common sense indicates to me that a new vehicle, bought for $37825.00 and with 9750 miles must run without an interior irritating noise from a wiper malfunction. The left wiper of a similar Pilot owned by a neighbor works well - no interior noise.
I do not accept the answer given by the Customer Service at the dealership. What needs to be done to correct the problem?
Footnote: The dealership address - Braman Honda of Palm Beach, 5200 Lake Worth Rd., Greenacres, Fl. 33463 (Phone: 561. 966. 5000; Email: barmanhondapb.com
Service Advisor: Roberto Roca.
Thanks for your attention to this problem.
Raul E. Perdomo *****
Wellington, Fl. 33414
Home Phone:(###) ###-####
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda question!

The noise you hear is not normal!

The wiper blade or at least the rubber insert needs to be replaced then the angle at which it contacts the windshield adjusted correctly. The rubber can dry out and make the blade chatter or skip. If the blade is hitting the windshield at a slight angle it will chatter too. It needs to make square contact. The windshield glass needs to be cleaned with 0000 steel wool and glass cleaner to remove road grime and any residue. I was the dealership warranty technician for 12 years so I saw a lot of this exact complaint.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating scale and click on accept or the 5 star scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. You are not charged extra for rating. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man