Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Check engine light on 2005 Odyssey - AutoZone said O2 sensor

Customer Question

Check engine light on 2005 Odyssey - AutoZone said O2 sensor was code. How do I know which ones to replace and looking at this illustration on the old post it doesn't look hard to do.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** diagnostic code are you getting? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't write it down or get a printout from autozone when they pulled the code... they just told me it was O2 sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to have to take my son to school in a few minutes - should I run back by and get them to pull it again?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, go get codes checked quick and let me know what they are. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0134 - bank 1 sensor 1
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Bank 1 is the side with cylinder 1. On this engine the cylinder 1 is on passenger side. So you need to replace the oxygen sensor on passenger side exhaust manifold. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that the sensor on the passenger/firewall side of the engine - accessed from above? or under the car? it's not the one closest to the hood latch, correct?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is correct and it is accessed from above car. Here are instructions from manual, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntsmwjrxx8msx4z/a-f-sensor-replacement.pdf?dl=0

-