HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I'm trying to change battery Honda Accord. Everytime i

Customer Question

Customer: I'm trying to change battery for 2000 Honda Accord. Everytime i connect, the alarm goes off. I don't know how to shut it down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm changing battery. When the cables touch the battery, the alarm goes off I can't turn it off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hello
Expert:  scoobs597 replied 12 months ago.

is it a factory alarm or aftermarket?

if its factory go ahead and connect battery even if alarm is going off and lock and unlock drivers door with your key if everything is working right alarm will shut off if not let me know ive been doing Hondas for 30 years