Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Honda ridgeline power steering is very hard at idle

Customer Question

My Honda ridgeline power steering is very hard at idle speeds. If I hit the brake and gas it turns fine. Can I replace the pump with an aftermarket upgrade to make this problem go away?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Based on what you have said, yes the pump is the most likely cause in this case. You mentioned an aftermarket pump, yes you can but it is not ideal. I would ofr sure not install the cheapest one you find, or you will likely be replacing it to soon.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.