justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have a 2004 Honda Pilot, absolutely love it but, the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda Pilot, absolutely love it but, the manual locks are refusing the key entry. I thought is was ice at first, maybe a combination dirt and grime. How can I fix the locks, so that they will accept the key entry?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. This is a very common problem on the Pilot. There are two options you have. You can contact a locksmith and see if they can retumble the key cylinder. Some locksmiths will do this it just depends on the specialists in your area. Second option (and the most common) you would need to replace the key cylinder. I will include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. This is a fairly inexpensive part it just requires a few hours labor. Keep in mind that you will receive a different set of keys with the new lock cylinder and these new keys will not fit the ignition or any of the other locks. You will now have separate keys for the ignition and driver's lock.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.

The part you will need is #43 on the parts list. Thanks!

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2004-honda-pilot-5dr_lx-ka-5at/front-door-locks-outer-handle.html