Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Honda Civic EX 2 dr 1.8 AT. Changed motor - hooked up

Customer Question

2007 Honda Civic EX 2 dr 1.8 AT. Changed motor - hooked up my Modus Ultra cleared codes and started fine, when I disconnect Modus dies and no power to coils so cranks but no start
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Will it restart with the scan tool connected?

Is fuse 18 under the hood good?

Is the ignition coil relay energizing with the key on?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
restarts with Scan Tool connected
Yes, Fuse 18 is good
Not sure, please tell me exact relay and location to double check and will get back to you asap, finishing other job for fleet acct this AM so may be a bit - thanks

Since the scan tool must be connected for it to start that means there is a module communication issue and the scan tool is allowing that circuit to be complete. Can you scan it to see if there are any U codes stored, if there are none next we need to check the PCM/ECM powers and grounds with the key on using the file below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07civicECM.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check all may be Monday before back to you.....still wrapping up the week.

No problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning.... Finally got juice to coils then got P0685 code so took off a bunch of top stuff to get to wiring as you lead me to consider. Found defective ground and now all is good but the poor guys radiator is leaking pretty blue coolant which is pricy. Ho problem. But. I think from info and diagrams you sent me it is the only way I could have found issue. Thanks, ***** ***** request you in the future. Bill @ Bill's Automotive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent message and rated you this AM if it is gonna cost me more ignore following...Everything good went for test drive now Codes P0563, P0722, P0720 working on that.....see ya

We are only allowed to help on the initial concern for the new post. For new issues we are instructed to tell you a new post must be opened.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris