Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The center pocket on my wife's 2005 CRV is stuck shut (I

Customer Question

The center pocket on my wife's 2005 CRV is stuck shut (I shouldn't have put those music cds in there). Is there some way to get it open or remove it so I can free up the obstruction?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

There is a screw in the dead center of the rear of the pocket on the inside holding it in place along with some trim clips. You would have to remove the trim panel and then pry the pocket out, breaking the rear of it in the process. And even then you could not get into it as it is a solid box, so you would have to cut it open

The other choice is to use a screwdriver and slip between the trim panel and the door and pry the door downwards and then outwards to open it. This may result in the door breaking.

As you can see, there is no way to open it that doesnt include the possibilty of damage. I personally would go with the screwdriver method. There is some chance of success without breaking the door

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yikes!
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I know, unfortunately due to design, no other options on this. Sorry, wish I had better news. Like I said, I would try the screwdriver method. That is your best chance to open it without damage.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?