justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

2008 Honda Civic,Abs light on,brake light on,air bag light

Customer Question

2008 Honda Civic,Abs light on,brake light on,air bag light on,check engine light on,ac is not working,speedometer not working,temperature not working,and i do not have communication with any module whan i connect scaner ,car start and drives and sometimes power steering stops working
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. First check the battery and if it is weak replace it. A weak battery can wreak havoc on these systems as they are very sensitive to low voltage. If the battery is good move on to the next step.

I have seen this issue multiple times on this model. Here's what I would do first and it has worked for me on several occasions. Do the battery cable reset procedure. Disconnect the battery cables. Using a jumper wire connect ONLY the cables together for approximately 15 minutes. This will drain the computer capacitors and do a sort of reboot on the system computers. Once that time has passed reconnect the cables to the battery posts and recheck. There is a good chance this will take care of it. If not let me know and we can continue. I know what the issue is if this does not work.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery is good,and i did battery reset,and that did not help,i have autel maxidas708 that has HDS options ,but i do not have communication with any module in the car,i have power at dlc connector.all fuses are good.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Please provide the VIN number of the vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1hgfa16578L003828
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I have seen several speedometer assemblies fail and cause this problem. There are modules in the speedo assembly as well as the tach assembly. The speedo assembly is the most common failure on this vehicle. I have seen it multiple times. I will include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. It will be #2 on the parts list.

Remember to rate positively. You can still post questions to this thread after rating so we can keep chatting for no additional charge. Thanks

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Here's the link:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?Vin=1HGFA16578L003828&Filter=()&SubCategoryUrl=meter-components&Diagram=

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Module is good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just pulled diagram for data lines and I think that mcu is bad.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

That is possible, but how do you know the module is good? I have seen more speedo units fail than anything else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK , I put new mcu,it is not that,new speedo module,not that. So what next could be? Is it possible that ecm could be a problem?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

What about the TACH module? The tach module communicates with the SPEEDO module and transmits information back and forth. The TACH module could be causing issues with the SPEEDO module.