Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

I have a 2012 CRV that will not start.The radio and lights

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2012 CRV that will not start.The radio and lights all seem to work fine, but when I try to start the engine, the lights on the console just flash and nothing seems to happen.I do not hear any sounds from the engine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My 2012 Honda CRV is not starting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is due to an issue with the battery or the connection at the battery. I would remove the cables and clean them and reattach them. If the problem continues then you need to tes tthe battery either with a voltage meter or a load tester. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not that mechanically inclined, how hard would it be to replace that battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it take more than just a ratchet set and a screw driver?
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

That really is all that you should need as long as you have deep sockets. I would havde it load tested by the parts store first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do mean load testing?
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

A load test is what a part store does to check the health of the battery,