Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

Quint, 1988 acura integra. Odd idle issue. Just got done

Customer Question

Customer: Quint, 1988 acura integra. Odd idle issue. Just got done spraying around with throttle body cleaner
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It warms up and idles normally but once I start driving, the idle messes up. It idles around 1100 to 1200 and it seems like it wants to go to a normal idle because it'll drop down but then push itself back up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There was one common cause for the type of high idle concern you are describing and Acura released a service bulletin that calls for replacing a broken evap canister control diaphragm, I have enclosed the bulletin in the link bleow, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Have a look and see if this is the problem you are having.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fast%20Idle%20Nov%2028.pdf