HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

, have 2004 Honda Accord with 325,000 miles on the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have 2004 Honda Accord with 325,000 miles on the clock.Runs as sweet as ever BUT both headlights appear to be extremely dim.Have polished the lens and the main beams transmit just fine through the same plastic lens.Have stripped both headlight terminals ,rubbed with emery paper washed with WD40 and retightened to suit.Have remeasured across the lights at 11.6votls so am assuming that I have an earthing problem but have no schematic drawings.Will probably run extra earths back to the battery earth terminal and see if they are brighter?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if you could forward a manual or electrical drawing then its a good investment.Happy to wait if you agree
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. I would like to help you with this. Can I verify that you have a voltage meter to run some tests?