Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Well this is cool. the door sensor alarm (door open) side

Customer Question

hi well this is cool. the door sensor alarm (door open) for teh side door of my 2006 odyssey will not stop. Any ideas? I want to disingage the auto door opender but cant find how to do it
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

It's the door open reminder that's going off? On the instrument panel what door is shown to be open when all of them are closed? What do you mean disengage the auto door opener?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
door open reminder. I disconnected the battery and it stopped and started again the first time I cycled the door.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and information.

You can disengage the auto door opener by sliding the main power switch on the dashboard sliding door switch. This will prevent the doors from being opened. Please see the image I have included. If the door warning is going off even after you disconnect the battery there is a problem with the closing latch motor. Most of the time the closer motor is bad and needs to be replaced. If you can tell me what side is causing the warning alarm I can give you a better idea what else you can do.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating page and click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the required rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It is driver's s ide. Also once the door closes I hear the mechanism cycle again, or something. But it is an additional mechanical noise that sounds like the dorr closing after the door closes and latches
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

The mechanism you hear cycling is the latch-closer motor when they fail that's how they sound. Click HERE for the part price and part number. Labor is approx $150 to replace it.

Thank you, ***** ***** accept or rate my service in a positive way.

Honda-Man