Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2009 odessey I have pressure bled the brake system

Customer Question

I have a 2009 odessey I have pressure bled the brake system and still get bubbles after closing the bleeder screw which shouldn't happen and still a sinking brake peddle. Is the air trapped in the abs unit and won't flush out?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Pressure bleeders usually do a good job removing all of the air from the system. It's normal for some air to get past the bleeder threads and look like air is still in the system. I use silicone grease on the bleeder threads to make sure no air gets past the threads. What have you replaced or done to correct the sinking pedal? How well does it stop?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stops fine under hard or soft braking the pedal just doesn't sit high enough like my vw that I used the same pressure bleeder on and got great results with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, busy evening. If you would like to speak on the phone just accept the offer and we can talk. If not please rate or accept my answer below.

If it stops OK it's probably OK. it's hard to compare different makes just because they are different. As long as it stops and the pedal does not go to the floor or fade down to the floor it's normal. If it did fade to the floor that would be a bad master cylinder. It sounds like everything is OK if you have any doubts just for safety's sake it should be looked at by a certified technician.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating page and click on accept or the rating scale.

This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the required

rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man