Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

CUSTOMER STORED 1999 ACCORD WHILE S DAUGHTER WAS AT ARMY

Customer Question

CUSTOMER STORED 1999 ACCORD WHILE HIS DAUGHTER WAS AT ARMY BASIC TRAINING BUT LET BATTERY GO DEAD. HE TOOK BATTERY OUT TO CHARGE AND SINCE THEN IMMOBILIZER LIGHT FLASHES ---CRANK, NO START. HE ONLY HAS ONE KEY AND IT IS NOT O.E.M.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

If the light is flashing that means it's not the correct key or the key code is not registered in the immobilizer system memory.

Most likely the immobilizer system has lost the key transponder code. This sometimes happens if the vehicle sits for too long. It might also be a key without a transponder chip or it's not programed to the vehicle. It's common for customers to have a spare key that will unlock the door but won't start the engine. You might ask them if there are any other keys. If there are no other keys the immobilizer system will need to be reprogramed. Most mobile locksmiths can come to you and do the immobilizer programing. This would also be a good time to have them make more keys if needed.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man