Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

09 pilot. There is a sloshing sound in the ceiling like a

Customer Question

09 pilot. There is a sloshing sound in the ceiling like a half full water bottle. The front sunroof drains are clear. I have not been able to find the rear drains. Thoughts?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Probably 99% of the time it's one or both rear drain tubes that are blocked. Since they can't drain properly some water remains in the sunroof tray and sloshes around. I have included a diagram with the tube location for the rear drains. Most of the time they plug up at the bottom where the drain is located. It goes through the body behind the rear door into the wheel well area. It would be easiest to look under the inner fender liner for where it comes out. Unfortunately none of my resources shows exactly where is comes out. I would use a wet dry vacuum and a probe to probe/suck the crud out of the drain.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

This is what the end of the drain tube looks like with a screwdriver inserted. The part in the picture pushes into a rubber grommet in the body.

Thanks again, please kindly rate or accept my service.

Honda-Man