Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Can you adjust rear tail gate on 06 cr-v to get the rubber

Customer Question

can you adjust rear tail gate on 06 cr-v to get the rubber gasget to seal on top of tail gate
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The rubber stopper can be adjusted and the tailgate latch striker can also be adjusted to help compress the seal better. The rubber stopper can be screwed in so the door will close more. The striker is what the latch grabs onto. If it's adjusted inward a bit it will also help the tailgate close more. Too much inward adjustment will make the tailgate hard to open. This is the only way to adjust the tailgate without messing with the hinges which I don't recommend. I have included the instructions for adjusting the striker and rubber stopper. If the seal cant be compressed enough it might need to be replaced.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man