justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

While my 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L is parked in a locked state

Customer Question

While my 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L is parked in a locked state with no external stimulus, within about an hour the panic horn sounds will begin. By clicking unlock or any other button on the key remote, the horn will stop.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. The most common problem when it comes to the alarm system sounding sporadically is a faulty hood switch. You can eliminate this as a possible cause fairly easily. Disconnect the 2 pin hood switch connector. Now using a paper clip or something similar jump the connector terminals on the harness side of the connector. The actual hood switch will no longer be connected. The paper clip will simulate the hood being closed all the time. The hood switch is what triggers the alarm system I would say 75% of the time. If this works you can just leave that connector jumped. It won't harm anything.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for posting questions to this thread after you rate so if you need more information just ask me.