HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My grandson has a 2004 civic hybrid that just started

Customer Question

my grandson has a 2004 civic hybrid that just started blowing interior and dash lights along with the brake lights, everytime he installs a new fuse it blows immediately
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Can you please tell me the fuse number you are replacing? Is it one or two fuses? When you say brake lights would it possibly the taillights? The interior, dash, and taillights are on the same fuse. The brake lights are on a different fuse. Another question, is there a aftermarket stereo installed in the car? A non-factory unit?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brake lights, headlights, turnsignals all work, interior light stayed on when I left the headlight switch in off position, when headlight switch was turned on, fuse blew out immediately. It has a factory radio installed that came with car. Now the code for the radio is showing that it needs to be re coded for the radio to go on. the fuse is under the hood 10amp. the interior light fuse under the dash #8 is good
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

Can you please tell me if the fuse is #2 in the diagram I attached?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

It should be a 15 amp fuse. Before we get too involved can you try a 15 amp fuse? Might just be the 10 amp fuse is too small.