Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I'm at wit's end. Blew a radiator hose, replaced after

Customer Question

I'm at wit's end. Blew a radiator hose, replaced after limping to NAPA store. Refilled and bled radiator. Started idle problems. Now getting blinking cel with multiple misfires.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It is possible that the cylinders in the engine were burned,warped or damaged if any over heat occured when the hose blew.This will cause the blinking check engine light as well as multiple cylinder misfires causing this issue here.If you have not had a cylinder compression test done on all cylinders this needs done to see if any of the cylinders are low on compression.If found that cylinders are low on compression then the easiest way to see if the cylinder walls are affected is using a bore scope through the spark plug holes to check for any black marks or damage on the cylinder walls.If damage is found then the engine will need replaced to correct this here.The only other way with low compression to check for damaged cylinder walls is to remove the cylinder head to inspect it manually.

I have seen blown hoses cause cylinder wall damage in a hurry in several cases before with the engine needing replaced.

The other things to check if compression is o.k. is timing components to make sure the engine timing didn't jump with the timing belt needing replaced and the fuel injectors for proper operation.Most likely the injectors will be found to be o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Ill do a compression check. Again the block test was good.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete