camerontech
camerontech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

After replacing rotor, pads and srewing piston back in,

Customer Question

after replacing rotor , pads and srewing piston back in, caliper will not fit back on. too tight. piston is all the way in.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, what did you use to compress the pistons? Can you post a picture of the caliper showing the piston? If they won't go back together due to clearance it's either 1:the piston can go in farther or 2: bad parts. Do you have access to a digital caliper to measure the rotors and pad thickness? I can look up the ideal measurements for those parts and determine whether it's just too thick.

Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

wrong pads, i would go with a different brand of pads. i have had this a few times where a different set fits perfectly

cam