Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My car is making a loud clicking sound when I turn on air

Customer Question

my car is making a loud clicking sound when I turn on air condition
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The A/C compressor clutch in your year of CR-V is known to fail. It is what engages and disengages the compressor when the A/C is turned on and off. When it fails it can make noise just like you describe. Honda has a warranty extension for this exact problem because it's so common. This is from the actual Honda service bulletin: American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C compressor clutch to 7 years from the original date of purchase or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. To know for sure the dealer will need to check your VIN to see if you qualify for the warranty repair. For your reference the service bulletin number is: 12-072.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man